File Backup and Recovery

File and Folder Backups

Backups of the files that are saved to your departments share (\\filer) or your Home share (H: drive) are made daily at various times of the day and night. If you have accidently deleted a file, or overwrite a previous file that you would like back you can now get these files back yourself.

C: Drive and Laptops
Files stored on your Laptop or the Local Hard Drive (C:) of your computer are NOT backed up unless you have Druva InSync installed on your machine. This would have been done by your computer consultant and they will have explained this to you when they installed it.

Most schools have their own servers and they are responsible for their own backups and restores. You will need to speak with your computer consultant regarding these files.

How to Restore a Deleted File or Folder

If you have deleted a file and want it back you need to go to the folder that it was in and follow the steps below by right clicking on the folder.
If you want a previous version of a file that you still have (but have maybe overwritten) you need to follow the steps below by right clicking on the actual file.

  • Open your share drive and locate the file or folder you want to restore
  • Right click on the File or Folder
  • Click Properties
  • Click on the Previous Versions tab (as shown below)
  • Highlight the file or folder you want to restore (each snapshot has the date beside it)
  • Click on Restore

You can also drag and drop it to where you want it.


For the backup and restore of any files in Google, please see the information on Google Spanning

Kuhukuhu Self Service Portal Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request

"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.