How do I Create a PDF file?
If you don't have Adobe Standard or Professional you can still create a pdf file of your document using Version of Microsoft Office 2007 and onwards. The current version of office used on Campus is 2016.
- Windows Microsoft Office
- Print to PDF
- Creating PDF on Mac
Windows Microsoft Office
- Click on the File tab on the ribbon
- Choose where to save it to and give it a name as you would any other file you save
- Then click the down arrow for Save as Type field
- Choose PDF format
- Click Save
Print to PDF
Most University of Waikato computers also have the ability to print to PDF.
- Go to File within Office
- Select Print
- Choose from the List of Printers Microsoft Print to PDF
- Click Print
- The Print to PDF will ask where to save the new PDF. Select a location and click save.
- Save your document as you would normally by choosing a location and giving it a name
- Click the down arrow for the save as Type field
- Choose PDF Format
- Click Save
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.