Moodle Access for Guest Lecturers
All staff and students must have a waikato staff or student username in order to access Moodle. You can either create the account your self or ask your department administrator to create an External account in UniAccess.
If you have a visitor or guest (with no HR contract) that needs access to your Moodle paper you will need to do the following:
- Create an account in UniAccess
- Once they have a username you will need to make a resource request by going back into UniAccess, search for the user and click 'Request access'. Search for and add Moodle. The request will go to CeTTL for them to give the required access.
- After you have been advised that this access has been granted you will need to assign that user a role in your paper (see below). This needs to be done in Moodle (NOT in the Staff paper association tool in MyWaikato).
To Create an Account in UniAccess:
- Go to UniAccess
- Search for them by name and if they don't exist then you need to select 'Create This User Account' and fill in the details. If you are unsure how to do this ask your department administrator.
To Request a Resource:
- In UniAccess search for the users name then select them
- Click Request access
- In Search for Resource type in Moodle
- Click on the Moodle entry that comes up
- Click Save at the bottom of the page (if you don't see the Moodle Resource it will mean they already have access and may just need to be assigned a role in Moodle).
Info on UniAccess (including videos) can be found here.
If the person has had a username previously search for the user in UniAccess, update end date and any other relevant details then save and submit.
To Manually Enrol a User:
To manually enrol a user in moodle, you must have the non-teaching or teaching convenor roles. No other roles have the access to manually enrol users in a paper. Follow these instructions to manually enrol the user.
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.