Qualtrics is an easy to use online web based data collection and analysis survey application You can use Qualtrics for anything related to teaching and learning, research or administration at the University of Waikato.
System requirements for Qualtrics software
Qualtrics is web-based software that can be accessed using any web browser on operating system with an active internet connection.
Please note that all survey data is stored within the Qualtrics system – outside of the University of Waikato.
Qualtrics software usage and licence terms
The University of Waikato has a site license for the Qualtrics software.
If you are a University of Waikato staff or student and have an @waikato.ac.nz or @students.waikato.ac.nz email address, you can apply for a Qualtrics account for your own use.
To create an account:
- You need to visit https://waikato.eu.qualtrics.com/ControlPanel/. This will also be the login page for Qualtrics Users at Waikato.
- Then, click 'Please click here to create an account' and enter the information requested by the page.
|On Campus||Home Use|
|Qualtrics Site Licence||PC||Mac||Staff||Student|
|Research Suite Licence||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Learning to use Qualtrics:
To reduce the likelihood of your survey emails being marked as spam, please follow these instructions to change your email settings.
Qualtrics provides extensive online training and tutorials, as well as weekly 'webinars' and tips for conducting research and formulating survey questions.
Availability & Support
Service Provider – Qualtrics
When accessing the Support Portal, you need to login with your Qualtrics account credentials. Please note that the Qualtrics Support team will only be able to provide support assistance for the account that you use to authenticate. For a detailed walkthrough, please visit the Contacting Support page.
If you are unable to login or don't have a Qualtrics account, you will be directed to a Limited Support Portal by clicking 'Can’t login or don’t have an account?' on the Support Portal login screen, through which you will be able to request support. Due to the lack of security protocol involved with this method, the Limited Support Portal may only be used for login issues and account creation issues. Authenticated Phone Support is compatible with SSO - users need only use the login process described here.
Phone Support - Qualtrics users seeking phone support will be required to login to their Support Portal in order to connect with Qualtrics Support.
Email Support - US Business Hours - 11am to 11pm NZT – After Hours service available by email support [email protected]
Why isn’t there a support phone number for me to call anymore?
Instead of you calling us, we’re calling you!
There are lots of benefits to this new process:
- When you pick up our call, the first and only person you talk to will be the person who is most qualified to answer your question - that includes speaking in your chosen language.
- While on the call, there’s no need for you to provide your username or area of the product you’re working in; we’ll have that information from you already.
- Your estimated wait time will be displayed in your Support Portal before you trigger a call. Authenticated support will get you help faster than ever before.
- No need to keep track of a bunch of different regional phone numbers anymore; let us do that for you. We’ll call you from a country’s number that makes the most sense based on your provided phone number.
- (Coming Later in 2020) You’ll be able to schedule a future support call at a time that is most convenient for you.
What happens if I call the support phone number directly without going through my Support Portal?
Our direct phone number will remain open for Sales and operational purposes only. If you call the phone number directly asking for our support team, our phone operators will not be able to transfer your call. Instead, they will instruct you to go online to submit your support request and help walk you through the process.
For a more detailed explanation of Authenticated Phone Support, please visit the Contacting Support page.
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.