Qualtrics: Setting the default "From" Address
Emails from within Qualtrics are by default sent from the address [email protected] but the return email address is set to the username associated with your Qualtrics account - ie [email protected] or [email protected]
This can lead to the email either being automatically marked as SPAM or the recipient receiving a warning/caution because the sender address and the return address are on different domains.
To alleviate this issue we have set up a mail record within Qualtrics so that sent emails can be set to come from [email protected] and this should reduce the number of systems that will mark the emails as spam.
To set this up:
- Log into your Qualtrics account and click on your account icon on the top right of the interface.
- From the resulting drop down menu select Account Settings.
- In the resulting window scroll down to User Email Defaults.
- Fill out the Default From Field to be [email protected]
- See the notes below, and once you have checked that the new details are correct, press the Update Defaults button and the changes will be available by default in any new emails that you generate.
Important things to note:
- Only use @survey.waikato.ac.nz in the From email address. Please leave the reply to-email address as @waikato.ac.nz
- Any vaild Waikato email address can be used, so if there is an appropriate resource mail account associated with your survey, that can also be used.
- Please make sure that the From and the Reply-to use the same email form ie both use your your mail alias or the resource mail acocunt.
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.