GMail - Setting Rules
You can set various rules and filters in Gmail but you must use the web client.
Rules and Alerts in Outlook are called Filters in Gmail and are set via the web client.
- Click on Settings (cog icon top right of screen)
- Click on Settings
- Click on Filters tab
- Click on Create a new filter
- Enter the search criteria (sender details, subject etc.) to use for determining what to do with a message when it arrives
- Click on the Create filter with this search button in the bottom left
- Choose the action you'd like the messages that match your search to take by ticking the relevant boxes
- Then click on Create Filter (Blue button at bottom. Not shown in screenshot)
See Using filters on the Google site for more ways to create filters.
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.