Attend a conference with your colleagues without physically being in the same room by conducting a telephone conference.
A telephone conference is:
- a telephone meeting that enables two or more callers to communicate from multiple locations and time zones
- all participants can listen and communicate via speaker phones or handsets, anywhere in the world
You would use it:
- whenever you wish to communicate with someone in real time across multiple locations
- when you need to dial in from any location. For example, from the comfort of your own home, your desk at work, whilst on the road or overseas
How would you access it?
- call our Conference Centre on 08 30 30 or email email@example.com
- request to set up a Telephone Conference through the University of Waikato
- provide your extension or phone number and other details as requested
- you'll receive a dial number and pin code with further instructions
For an example of the instruction email, please open the following PDFs:
Conference Speaker Phone
This is a speaker phone console that you can place on the desk in your meeting room allowing each participant in the room to listen and participate on the call. You can book this by logging a ticket to the Service Desk - see info below.
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for, see the estimated delivery time for, and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests - providing further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests. For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.