Measuring Book and Chapter Impact
Ways of establishing your book's influence are:
- Citations found through Google Scholar, Google Books, PsycINFO, and Scopus, see How to find Citations
- Numbers of copies in New Zealand (Te Puna Search) and international (WorldCat) libraries
- Research Commons downloads for books and book chapters (numbers plus user locations)
- Book Reviews in our databases, see How to find reviews of books and book chapters
- Book reviews - Google, Amazon, Goodreads, see How to find reviews of books and book chapters
- Use in Waikato Reading Lists and other universities' reading lists
- Is it in e-book format as well as in print?
- Is it used as a textbook?
You may also consider publisher prestige, sales figures, news coverage, Social media responses, retweets, usage on Academia.edu and ResearchGate, and numbers of editions. Note the "appropriate use" comments about these measures in the Metrics Toolkit.