Support for NZUWI Students at ZUCC
The Library offers NZUWI students in China services directly from our Hamilton team. 24/7 Library help can be accessed via our Library website.
If you are a staff member, please refer to Support for NZUWI Staff at ZUCC for specialised guidance and advice.
On this page:
What can we do for you?
The Information Services Team provides reference and information services, and produces instructional guides and resources, to assist students to find and effectively use information.
We can provide the following:
- Research assistance
You can ask for advice about how to research, including finding resources, writing and referencing.
- Access to resources
You can request an article you need for an assignment if you cannot access it (subject to License agreements).
- Face to face online meetings
You can request a face to face online meeting with a professional librarian. Our conference platform is ZOOM. Once we set up a time to meet, you will get a link to start the meeting.
Information Services Librarians are available to meet you from 9:00AM to 5:00PM New Zealand Time (GMT+13 DST).
The Library has a range of guides available to help you learn how to locate and use resources.
Waikato Reading Lists
Your most essential readings are available at Waikato Reading Lists. Make sure you log in to the Reading List website to read online articles with your University of Waikato username and password. Forgotten your username or password?
- How to use Waikato Reading Lists [video guide 9.5 MB]
To find resources beyond the reading lists (see above), go to Library Search on the Library homepage to search through our online resources.
Each video guide below has English subtitles.
- How to use Library Search [video guide 3.6 MB]
- Search by keyword [video guide 3.1 MB]
- Using Library Search Filters [video guide 5.8 MB]
- Search by title - journal articles [video guide 7.7 MB]
- Search by title - journals [video guide 4.2 MB]
- Find Ebooks [video guide 3.3 MB]
Also check out the full Library Search Guide.
Searching and Evaluating
- About Referencing
- How to Avoid Plagiarism
APA Referencing Style Guide
- APA Referencing Style: Common Examples
- APA Referencing Style: Quick Guide
- Introduction to APA [video guide 9.3 MB]
- In-text Citations with APA [video guide 7.9 MB]
- Referencing List with APA [video guide 8.7 MB]
- Referencing Journals with APA [video guide 11.3 MB]
- Referencing Books with APA [video guide 14.6 MB]
- Referencing Websites with APA [video guide 10.8 MB]
Check the Subject Portals for your subject to find more resources.
Forgotten username or password
If you have forgotten your username or password, follow these steps:
- Go to https://my.waikato.ac.nz and click 'Forgotten your username or password?'
- Select 'Current student'
- Insert your username and click 'Next'
- You should now see your name - insert your email address in the text box and click 'Next'
- Stay on this page but check your email for the code sent to you then insert the code in the 'Code' text box then click 'Next'
- Then reset your password, please take note of the password criteria
If you have problems then please email [email protected] and explain that you are a Waikato student at ZUCC in China who needs to reset your password. Give your name and username or Student ID number. Our IT staff will help you through the process.
If you don't know your Student ID number you can find it on UW Student ID. Staff at ASAO can also tell you what your ID number is.