Library support and services
The Information Services Team provides reference and information services, and produces instructional guides and resources, to assist students to find and effectively use information.
Here are the faces of your friendly supporters:
We specialise in:
You can ask for advice about how to research, including finding resources, writing and referencing.
Access to resources
You can request an article you need for an assignment if you cannot access it (subject to License agreements).
Face to face online meetings
You can request a face to face online meeting with a professional librarian. Our conference platform is ZOOM. Once we set up a time to meet, you will get a link to start the meeting.
Where to find resources
Researching for assignments can take place at any time of the day or night. This is why we have put together a collection of online guides covering Waikato Reading Lists, Library Search and other ways to access resources through the Library. These guides can be accessed at your leisure.
Guides to read before you start:
Waikato Reading Lists
Your most essential readings are available at Waikato Reading Lists. Make sure you log in to the Reading List website to read online articles with your University of Waikato username and password. Forgotten your username or password?
- How to use Waikato Reading Lists [video guide 9.5 MB]
To find resources beyond the reading lists (see above), go to Library Search on the Library homepage to search through our online resources.
Each video guide below has English subtitles.
- How to use Library Search [video guide 5.2 MB]
- Search by keyword [video guide 4.5 MB]
- Using Library Search Filters [video guide 7.0 MB]
- Search by title - journal articles [video guide 8.8 MB]
- Search by title - journals [video guide 6.5 MB]
- Find Ebooks [video guide 4.1 MB]
Also check out the full Library Search Guide.
Subject Portals and Digital Collections
We understand that referencing can be tricky so we have created a collection of online guides and videos for you to access in your own time. You can also reach out to our friendly and knowledgeable Librarians via Library chat during business hours, or by emailing [email protected].
- About Referencing
- How to Avoid Plagiarism
APA Referencing Style Guide
- APA Referencing Style: Common Examples
- APA Referencing Style: Quick Guide
- Introduction to APA [video guide 9.1 MB]
- In-text Citations with APA [video guide 7.8 MB]
- Referencing List with APA [video guide 10.8 MB]
- Referencing Journals with APA [video guide 11.3 MB]
- Referencing Books with APA [video guide 14.4 MB]
- Referencing Websites with APA [video guide 10.7 MB]
Forgotten username or password
If you have forgotten your username or password, follow these steps:
- Go to https://my.waikato.ac.nz and click 'Forgotten your username or password?'
- Select 'Current student'
- Insert your username and click 'Next'
- You should now see your name - insert your email address in the text box and click 'Next'
- Stay on this page but check your email for the code sent to you then insert the code in the 'Code' text box then click 'Next'
- Then reset your password, please take note of the password criteria
If you have problems then please email [email protected] and explain that you are a Waikato student at ZUCC in China who needs to reset your password. Give your name and username or Student ID number. Our IT staff will help you through the process.
If you don't know your Student ID number you can find it on UW Student ID. Staff at ASAO can also tell you what your ID number is.