EndNote is bibliographic software used to automatically format references (citations) downloaded from databases, library catalogues, or created manually.
In this guide:
- About EndNote
- Installing EndNote
- Upgrading EndNote
- University of Waikato EndNote Styles
- EndNote Tips and Troubleshooting
The software will allow you to:
- Export citations from databases, Library Search and Google Scholar into EndNote
- Attach PDFs of articles to a record in EndNote-store (manually or using find full-text feature)
- Arrange citations in groups
- Use the EndNote toolbar in Word to insert in-text citations and create a list of references automatically
- Create and sync citations between EndNote desktop and EndNote Web
- Share EndNote libraries with other
You will find more information on the EndNote Website.
EndNote is installed on the majority of University computers, however the University of Waikato also has a site licence that allows students to download and install EndNote on personal computers.
For technical or installation assistance, contact the ITS Service Desk on (07) 838 4008 or [email protected]. For EndNote training and ongoing support, contact your Academic Liaison Librarian.
IMPORTANT: Backup any styles, import filters and connection files that you don't want overwritten.
It is recommended that you uninstall earlier versions of EndNote before upgrading to the latest version. UoW Referencing Styles may be downloaded here.
For more information about EndNote compatibility, please visit EndNote Support.
Waikato EndNote Styles
Output styles are the referencing styles used to control the formatting of references in a bibliography. UoW styles are NOT automatically loaded in the EndNote programme. Library staff have created or adapted styles for APA 7th, APA 6th, MHRA, Harvard Science, Harvard Geography, Law, Anthropology and Politics.
A complete list of styles is available on the EndNote Output Styles page