In Te Ao Maori, a holistic view of health and wellbeing, known as hauora is paramount. It comprises taha tinana (physical well-being), taha hinengaro (mental and emotional well-being), taha whanau (social well-being), and taha wairua (spiritual well-being) (Ministry of Education). This page supports the teaching and research in Te Huataki Waiora Faculty of Health, Sport and Human Performance and Te Pua Wānanga ki te Ao Maori and Indigenous Studies.
Library Search enables users to search the Library’s online and print resources through a single search box. The initial search can be limited to just books or just journal articles. Results from the search can be refined further by choosing filters located on the right hand side of the results page. The options include full text online or peer-reviewed articles, a specific resource type, subject, date or Library location. See the Library Search Guide and Library Search Tips for video guides.
You can also browse the shelves at call number RA563 in the New Zealand Collection on Level 4 of the Central Library,for background readings in Maori health. Pasifika material can be found on Level 3, at the same call number.
Each record in Library Search, will have Subject Headings. You can click on these Subject Headings for find similar resources, or use these subject headings in your initial search strategy.
- Use Library Search to access online journal articles. (See the Library Search guide)
- If the journal article does not appear in the results list, search by journal title
- For journal titles available online either use the Ejournals tab (known titles) or type the journal title in the search box of Library Search. See Finding a journal by title video
- Select the database which matches the date required, then drill down by volume, issue and page numbers
- For print journals, used Advanced Search in Library Search and limit to Title in the left-hand drop-down menu, and Journals in the right-hand menu. Type the journal title in the search box. Take note of the Library of Congress call number and search for it on the shelves in the journals area, level 3 of the Student Centre (behind the lift).
Waikato Reading Lists
Check your course readings in Waikato Reading Lists. There may be a direct link to the journal article. You will be taken to either the database that holds the article (Click on the PDF Full text link) or a digitised print version of the article (Scroll to the heading Digitisation).