On this page:
Click on Log in and if prompted enter your University of Waikato username and password.
You only need to create your profile once.
- Go to http://readinglists.waikato.ac.nz
- Click on Log In.
- Click Create Profile.
- Fill in the details.
- Click Save.
- Go to your profile by clicking your name and View profile (you may need to log in first).
- Click on the tab My invites.
- Under actions, click the vertical ellipsis and Accept invite.
- If there are no invitations or you can't see your list, contact your Academic Liaison Librarian.
- You can now locate your list(s) by clicking My Lists
- To populate your list, you need to navigate to an item and then add it to your bookmarks.
- Where possible, bookmark from Library Search or Library databases – this gives the best metadata.
- When bookmarking from Library Search or Library databases, use the individual record view of the item. DO NOT bookmark from the results list or from a PDF.
- You can edit any field in a bookmark except ISBN or ISSN.
- For electronic resources check that the 'Online Resources' box is ticked. A pop-up box will ask where to link. Select an option in this order of preference: DOI, Web address, Open URL. Click on 'Link to' to confirm the preferred option is selected.
Bookmarks are links to resources such as books, journal articles, websites, videos, etc. Use the Add to my Bookmarks tool to create these links.