Set Up and Publish your List
On this page:
The Edit option allows you to make and view changes, add notes, set importance and request digitisation.
- From My Lists, click on the relevant list to open
- Click Edit then Edit List
- Once you have made changes refresh the page to view the newly added resources
- Click Save Draft to save any changes before publishing the list
Your list can be formatted by:
- Adding sections creates a Table of Contents automatically allowing for easier navigation
- Adding notes to sections or to the top of a list
- Using pages to add longer explanations, images, videos, links, etc
- Search for a resource (Library Search / databases / Google Scholar / websites)
- Click the Talis Aspire Bookmarking icon on your toolbar, or web browser extension
- Check the information in the fields are correct, edit if necessary.
- Check the links to any online content to ensure they are working
- Click Create or Create & Add to List
- Choose the relevant list and section (if adding to existing list)
- Add notes and set the importance for resources to indicate whether they are Required, Essential, Recommended etc.
- To view the bookmark, go to My Bookmarks or view on the list (if added to existing list)
Items that have been bookmarked previously can be added to your list from the Add Resources link (you may need to select Show more if it wasn’t one of the recently added items showing) or from My Bookmarks.
See the guide Waikato Reading Lists: Bookmarking for further instructions.
This step is necessary for providing digitised versions of hardcopy materials. It also records and reports copying that has been done under the CLL University Licence Agreement. Digitisation must also be requested for items that are to be scanned for Moodle.
- Click Request Digitisation on the relevant item in your list
- You will be prompted to fill in a form
- See Waikato Reading Lists: Requesting Digitisation of print resources guide for further information.
IMPORTANT: Different fields are required for different item types e.g. a single chapter, sections of a book or journal article.
A list cannot be viewed by anyone unless you publish it.
- Click Publish when you are ready to make the list available to students.
- You can add the link to your Moodle paper and Paper Outline.
- If you update your list ALWAYS click Publish, otherwise the updated list will not be visible to students.
- IMPORTANT: Check the list displays correctly, and that the links work properly.