Troubleshooting Library Databases
If you are having trouble accessing Library Databases or other E-resources, there are a few things you can check yourself.
- Your Enrolment Status
Because of our database contracts, access to Library Databases is available only during the period you are enrolled. Access will be available 21 days prior to the trimester for which you are enrolled and will continue until 6 months after the completion of your final paper. See conditions for Use of Library databases.
- Your Username and Password
If you are enrolled in a current paper, check that your username and password are correct. Check in My Waikato that your enrolment has been recorded correctly. If you are unable to login to My Waikato please contact the ITS Helpdesk.
If you are successfully enrolled and your username and password appear correct, contact the Library. Provide as much information as you can about the issue to help us diagnose and fix the problem quickly (see notes below).
Things we might need to know:
- Where are you accessing the resource from? e.g. on-campus, in the Library, off-campus
- What browser are you using? e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.
- Are you a student, staff member, alumni?
- What are you trying to access? e.g. Database, Library Search, Ejournal, etc.
- How are you getting to resource? e.g. from the Databases page, via Library Search, a search from Library Home
- What is the website address/URL?
- Approximate time/date the problem occurred/
- Have you had access in the past?