Māori Information Services
Ko Rangi kei runga, ko Papa kei raro,
Kei te tū ngā kupu whakamihi atu kia koutou katoa mai I te rerenga wairua
ki te puku o te Ikaroa a Maui tikitiki a Taranga, tatū atu ki te Upoko o te Ika,
whakawhiti atu i te moana o Raukawa ki te wāhi pounamu, e te iti, e te rahi,
tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou
Kua oti tēnei waka hou te tarai, ā, kua mānū,
Eke panuku, eke tangaroa
Haumi e! hui e! taiki e!
He mihi kau ana ki a koutou ngā uri o ngā hau e wha, arā, ngā mātāwaka o te motu, o te ao whānui hoki. Tēna koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa.
The Kaitakawaenga Māori (Māori Liaison Librarian) is the Māori information specialist for the University of Waikato Library. A wide range of library information services are offered, in Māori or English, primarily to the Māori community of the University of Waikato, including university staff, post-graduate students, undergraduate students and distance students.
Areas of Responsibility:
I offer specialist, assistance for individuals or groups with finding information for your study and research. They include:
- Library Tours
- Individual research sessions for staff and students
- Identifying and locating relevant information sources for your topic
- Designing search strategies for finding information
- Using the Library's resources, both print and electronic
- Ways of keeping up with what is being published in your subject
- Referencing and the use of EndNote
- Collection development in your subject area
On request from lecturers or student groups, I also offer hands-on tutorials covering course-specific resources and databases.
Please ensure that you contact the Kaitakawaenga Māori well in advance of the session.
Please contact the Kaitakawaenga Māori if you require a service not listed above.