Using the High Demand Collection
The High Demand Collection contains Library items that are expected to be in high demand for a short period of time.
Where can I find the High Demand Collection?
Ask at the Level 2 Library Desk.
What's the borrowing policy for the High Demand Collection?
- Two items may be borrowed at a time
- The loan period is two hours
- High Demand items may be booked for a specific time up to one week in advance.
How do I borrow a book from the High Demand Collection?
Locate the item
Search by the title of the book or your paper code in Library Search. Note the call number and ask a Library Staff member to retrieve the book for you.
Issue the item
You can issue the book yourself by using the self-issue machine. All you need to do is follow the on-screen instructions on the machine.
- Make sure you have your ID card handy - scan this barcode first
- Scan the Waikato Uni barcode on the book - you'll find this on the front cover of the book or just inside the cover
- Print the receipt and remember to take it with you as this indicates the time the item is due back
- Fines accrue immediately the item is overdue.
How do I book a High Demand item?
If you want to book an item for a specific time:
- Search for the title of the book using Library Search
- Select Request
- Choose booking times and select Request
Things you need to know:
- You can book for 2 hours maximum up to a week in advance
- Back to back bookings are not possible
- Booked items will only be held for 10 minutes
- Pick up the item from the library desk at the start of the booking time.
How long can I have an item from the High Demand Collection for?
High Demand Collections items are issued for 2 hours. Note: fines accrue immediately the item is overdue.
Can I copy from an item from the High Demand Collection?
Must comply with copyright licence.