Assoc. Professor Peter Sun
Phone: +64 7 838 4283
Dr. Maree Roche
Phone: +64 7 837 9285
Our Mission and Purpose
Through innovative research, the Leadership Unit will disseminate leading edge practices in order to enable leaders to positively influence self, others and their organisations.
The Leadership Unit will be recognised nationally and internationally as thought leaders in the field of leadership; equipping current and future leaders with world-class expertise.
Our Strategic Objectives
The Leadership Unit:
- will facilitate and co-ordinate local, national, and international hubs of interdisciplinary research in areas of positive leadership;
- through engagement with staff, industry and alumni, we will expand potential collaborative opportunities and enlist stakeholder support for our vision and purpose;
- will host activities which could include research seminar series, industry workshops, and industry-academic conferences, creating academic-industry partnerships;
- will disseminate leading edge research that facilitates positive leadership and;
- through the development of research hubs, facilitate research mentorship of junior staff, offer opportunities for sharing of ideas more widely than otherwise feasible, and increase the range of proposals put forward for funded research.