The University of Waikato - Te Whare Wānanga o Waikato
Student & Academic Services Division
Wāhanga Ratonga Mātauranga Ākonga
Waikato Home Waikato Home > SASD > Student Discipline
Staff + Student Login

Student Discipline

How will I know if I have been referred?

If you are the subject of a discipline complaint you will be formally contacted in writing by the Academic Integrity Adviser.  The letter will contain information about the type of complaint and the date and time of the meeting and ask for confirmation of attendance.  It will be sent by email to your address in the University’s records (keep this address up-to-date via iWaikato).

If the meeting process is a summary jurisdiction or tikanga process the letter will contain information about this process. 

If the meeting is with the Student Discipline Committee the letter will advise of the type of complaint, the time and date of the meeting and ask for confirmation of attendance or for a written submission.








» Why was I referred? » Finding out I've been referred » Meeting Options » What happens at a meeting?
» Decision and outcomes » What if I disagree? » Making a complaint » Plagiarism
» Examinations » Cheating » Other Misconduct » Academic Integrity