Once you’ve got some idea of the scholarships you’re eligible for, you can start the application process. This can be completed online through your MyWaikato portal for most of our scholarships.
How to Apply
- You must submit an Application to Enrol through MyWaikato before you can commence your first scholarship application. This enrolment is not a commitment to attend Waikato but helps capture your personal details for all future scholarship applications.
- Read the regulations (thoroughly) for the scholarship you wish to apply for. These are located under the scholarship you’re applying for in the scholarship finder.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, commence your application through your MyWaikato portal.
- You must provide all of the information requested in the application form by the closing date. This may include a CV, Personal Statement, NCEA school results summary or a copy of your academic transcripts from any other Tertiary institutions.
- Complete the online application form and press submit.
- Await the outcome. This can take 6-8 weeks from the closing date.
- You can keep track of the status of your application through your MyWaikato portal Scholarships tab.
Note: If you’re looking to apply for a UNZ scholarship, we recommend you get in touch with our team for advice before applying. Find out how to contact us.
The Selection process typically takes at least six to eight weeks after the closing date. You will receive a portal in-tray message in MyWaikato when your application has been processed and when a decision has been reached by the Selection Panel.