Professor Samuel G Charlton
Qualifications: BA San Jose MA, PhD New Mexico
Dr Charlton received his PhD in Experimental Psychology from the University of New Mexico. Since then, he has held positions at the University of Albuquerque, the Veterans Administration Medical Center in New Mexico, the BDM Corporation, and the US Air Force Operational Test & Evaluation Center.
Dr Charlton's research interests include applied cognitive psychology and human factors. Current projects are in the area of driver behaviour including driver attention, perception, & performance.
Dr Charlton is available to supervise students in a range of topics related to applied cognitive psychology including everyday memory, information representation, and skilled performance in domains such as transportation and design.
Burdett, B. R. D., Charlton, S. G., & Starkey, N. J. (2019). Mind wandering during everyday driving: An on-road study. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 122, 76-84. doi:10.1016/j.aap.2018.10.001
Malhotra, N., Charlton, S., Starkey, N., & Masters, R. (2018). Examining ironic processes in tourist drivers: Driving on the unfamiliar side of the road. Safety, 4(3), 1-13. doi:10.3390/safety4030028
Burdett, B. R. D., Starkey, N. J., & Charlton, S. G. (2018). Characteristics of the close to home crash. Safety Science, 105, 222-227. doi:10.1016/j.ssci.2018.02.020
Charlton, S. G., Starkey, N. J., & Malhotra, N. (2018). Using road markings as a continuous cue for speed choice. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 117, 288-297. doi:10.1016/j.aap.2018.04.029
Find more research publications by Samuel Charlton
Attention, memory, skilled performance
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Charlton, Prof Samuel||9225||samiam||J.1.26||School of Psychology|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room