Dr Ari Brandenburg
Advanced Technical Officer
Qualifications: PhD (Chemistry, TU Dresden / IFW Dresden) (2018) | Diplom (Chemistry, TU Chemnitz) (2012)
Personal Website: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ariane-brandenburg-8654bb92
I am currently working as an Advanced Technical Officer / Laboratory Safety Supervisor at the University of Waikato - Faculty of Science and Engineering, based in Tauranga. Being located at the Coastal Marine Field Station I am part of the Entrepreneurial Universities Macroalgal Biotechnology Programme focusing on macroalgal (both fresh and marine) biotechnologies.
My main tasks consist of handling and maintaining measurements on GC-MS and HPLC as well as other chemical analysis and extraction methods. In addition, I am constantly learning and implementing new skills, while being at the interface between research and technical realisation.
During my PhD, I have been working on the synthesis of endohedral fullerenes and their chemical derivatization. I applied HPLC methods for separation as well as several analysis techniques like mass spectrometry and UV-Vis-spectroscopy, including troubleshooting. One of my responsibilities included training and advising of post-grad students.
Optimistic realist, scientific thinker, constant learner, globetrotter, antifascist, always open to new experiences.
- Front cover, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 10653-10653.
- A. Brandenburg, D.S. Krylov, A. Beger, A.U.B. Wolter, B. Büchner, A.A. Popov; Carbide clusterfullerene DyYTiC@C80 featuring three different metals in the endohedral cluster and its single-ion magnetism, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 10683-10686.
- C. Schlesier, L. Spree, A. Kostanyan, R. Westerström, A. Brandenburg, A. Wolter, S. Yang, T. Greber, A.A. Popov; Strong carbon cage influence on the single molecule magnetism in Dy–Sc nitride clusterfullerenes, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 9730-9733.
- D.S. Krylov, F. Liu, A. Brandenburg, L. Spree, V. Bon, S. Kasel, A.U.B. Wolter, B. Büchner, S.M. Avdoshenko, A.A. Popov; Magnetization relaxation in the single-ion magnet DySc2N@C80: quantum tunneling, magnetic dilution, and unconventional temperature dependence, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2018, 20, 11656-11672.
- A. Brandenburg, Synthese und Derivatisierung endohedraler Clusterfullerene, 2018. (PhD Thesis)
Retrieved from: http://nbn-resolving.de/urn:nbn:de:bsz:14-qucosa2-318415
Further information: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1848-0431
Chemistry; Coastal Sciences; Environmental Science and Technology; Science
Analytical Chemistry | Research | Technical Maintenance
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Room: Coastal Marine Field Station
Cellphone: +64 22 013 9382