Dr Anica Klockars
Qualifications: PhD (medicine), Uppsala, Sweden
In my research, I study postnatal brain development in social deficit disorders by using a combination of genetic, molecular, pharmacological and behavioural approaches.
- Gartner, Sarah (2018). The investigation of protein composition in milk formula and its effects on central satiety and reward-related systems.
- Head, Mitchell (2021). Investigation of orexin/opioid-oxytocin system and its effects on satiety and over-eating. (co-supervisor)
- Wood, Erin (in progress). Investigation of temporal gene expression in food intake regulation and reward centres of the brain. (co-supervisor)
- Christian, David (in progress). The functional relationship between key neuroregulators of energy homeostasis and milk intake.(co-supervisor)
- Pal, Tapasya (in progress). Neuromolecular analyses underlying anomalous brain wiring and peculiar feeding behaviour in autism spectrum disorder.
- Liyanagama, Donisha (in progress).
- Fehlmann, Tiffany (2019). Neuromolecular and behavioural responses to milk-based tastants.
- Laloli, Kathryn (2017). Neuroendocrine changes uderlying aberrant food selectivity in rat models of autism spectrum disorder.
- Mitchell Head (2017). Effect of novel ketamine-analogue R5 on brain
activation and select behavioural parameters.
Klockars, A., Levine, A. S., Head, M. A., Perez-Leighton, C. E., Kotz, C. M., & Olszewski, P. K. (2021). Impact of gut and metabolic hormones on feeding reward. Comprehensive Physiology, 11(2), 1425-1447. doi:10.1002/cphy.c190042
Head, M. A., Levine, A. S., Christian, D. G., Klockars, A., & Olszewski, P. K. (2021). Effect of combination of peripheral oxytocin and naltrexone at subthreshold doses on food intake, body weight and feeding-related brain gene expression in male rats. Physiology & Behavior, 113464. doi:10.1016/j.physbeh.2021.113464
Wood, E. L., Christian, D. G., Arafat, M., McColl, L. K., Prosser, C. G., Carpenter, E. A., . . . Olszewski, P. K. (2021). Adjustment of whey:Casein ratio from 20:80 to 60:40 in milk formulation affects food intake and brainstem and hypothalamic neuronal activation and gene expression in laboratory mice. Foods, 10(3). doi:10.3390/foods10030658
Jewett, D. C., Klockars, A., Smith, T. R., Brunton, C., Head, M. A., Tham, R. L., . . . Olszewski, P. K. (2019). Effects of opioid receptor ligands in rats trained to discriminate 22 from 2 hours of food deprivation suggest a lack of opioid involvement in eating for hunger. Behavioural Brain Research, 112369. doi:10.1016/j.bbr.2019.112369
Find more research publications by Anica Klockars
Animal Behaviour; Biology; Disabilities; Genetics; Health; Human Behaviour; Molecular Biology; Science
social deficit disorders, food intake
Contact DetailsEmail: [email protected]
Room: FG 2.15
Phone: +64 7 837 9414