Ms Andrea Haines
Senior Tutor/Programme Co-ordinator
Qualifications: JP BA MEd (Waik)
I have worked in the learning development field since 1990. My current role is Programme Co-ordinator in Student Learning. My specific focus is Student Learning's provision of one-to-one consultations and support for graduate and higher degree students through targetted workshops in Faculties and the Doctoral Writing Conversations initiative. Outside the University a major interest is the promotion of film culture in New Zealand. I serve as a Justice of the Peace on campus.
Johnson, E., & Haines, A. (2017). Making implicit explicit: generic writing workshops. In S. Carter, & D. Laurs (Eds.), Developing Research Writing. A handbook for supervisors and advisors (pp. 46-50). https://www.routledge.com/Developing-Research-Writing-A-Handbook-for-Supervisors-and-Advisors/Carter-Laurs/p/book/9781138688155. Retrieved from https://www.routledge.com/
Johnson, E. M., Haines, A., & Gera, C. (2011). WaiBoost: An intensive cohort programme for developing tertiary-level academic skills. In Proceedings of the 2011 Annual International Conference of the Association of Tertiary Learning Advisors of Aotearoa/New Zealand (ATLAANZ) (pp. 58-69). Conference held at (Conference held , Petone, New Zealand: ATLAANZ.
Gera, C., Haines, A., & Johnson, E. M. (2011). WaiBoost: Student reflections on turning the tide. In ATLAANZ Conference. Conference held at Wellington Institute of Technology, New Zealand.
Johnson, M., Haines, A., & Strang, P. (2010). Thesis writing circles: An approach to higher degree writing interdependence. In ATLAANZ Annual Conference. Conference held at Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, Christchurch.
Find more research publications by Andrea Haines
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Haines, Ms Andrea||6078||ash1||M.1.04||Centre for Tertiary Teaching & Learning|
|Haines, Ms Andrea||6078||ash1||M.1.04||Justices of the Peace|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room