Professor Alexander Gillespie
Qualifications: LLB LLM (Hons) Auckland, PhD Nottingham
Professor Alexander Gillespie obtained his LLB and LLM degrees with Honours from The University of Auckland. He gained his PhD at Nottingham and post-doctoral studies at Colombia University in New York City.
- International Law
- Environmental Law
Professor Gillespie's areas of scholarship pertain to international and comparative environmental law, the laws of war and a number of pressing issues of social concern such as drug policy and refugees. He welcomes applicants for doctoral and graduate supervision for any subject within these areas.
Gillespie, A. M. (2017). The Causes of War Volume 3 - 1400 CE to 1650 CE (Vol. 3). A. M. Gillespie (Ed.), Hart Publishing.
Gillespie, A. (2016). The Causes of War Volume II: 1000 CE to 1400 CE. Hart Publishing Limited.
Gillespie, A. (2015). Waste Policy International Regulation, Comparative and Contextual Perspectives. Edward Elgar Publishing.
Gillespie, A. (2014). International Environmental Law, Policy, and Ethics (2nd Edition ed.). Oxford University Press.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Gillespie, Prof Alexander||6438||azg||N.5.07||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room