Mrs Bernadette B Hiha
Reading Recovery Tutor
Qualifications: Masters of Education (First class Hons.) Postgraduate Diploma of Education, Diploma of Reading Recovery Tutors, Advanced Diploma of Teaching,Certificate in Maori Studies
Bernadette’s specialist interests are Reading Recovery and effective practice with diverse learners.
Bernadette views teaching as an ongoing enterprise in which knowledge is shared, developed and refined. In 2009 she completed her Postgraduate Diploma in Education closely followed in 2012 by her Master’s in Education with first class honours. Other educational qualifications include Diploma for Reading Recovery Tutors, Certificate in Maori Studies and Advanced Diploma of Teaching. Bernadette was also a participant In-service teacher educator (ISTE) in the In-service Teacher Education Practice (INSTEP) Project.
Bernadette has published work in The New Zealand Reading Council Forum: Active social participation in professional learning and republished in the Good Teacher Magazine. Her work highlights the professional advantages to classroom teachers’ practice of moderating children’s work in a collaborative environment.
Hiha, B. (2012). Active social participation in professional learning. Reading Forum NZ, 27(2), 10-21.
Hiha, B. (2013). Assessment and the practice of moderation. The Good Teacher Magazine. (4), 5-11.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Hiha, Mrs Bernadette||027 200 0548||bhiha||FoE Institute of Professional Learning|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room