Associate Professor Clive C Pope
Associate Dean, Academic.
Qualifications: DipPhEd Otago MEd Waik PhD OhioState DipT
Personal Website: http://edlinked.waikato.ac.nz/staff/Clive%20Pope
- Pope, C C., Thorpe, H & Ryan, C. (2014). High Performance Athlete Flexible Study Project. University of Waikato Strategic Investment Fund Grant
- 2015 – Wayne Werder (Ph.D) The Interface between Community Sport and Elite Sport: A New Zealand Perspective (Chief Supervisor).
- 2012 – Gloria Reihana-Clarke (Ph.D) Whānau aspirations, extracurricular activity, and positive deviance (Chief Supervisor).
- 2012- Karen Lawrence-Ince (Ph.D). Title Youth Sport in Trinidad and Tobago: Extending the possibilities and pathways for post secondary school participation [Chief Supervisor]
- 2012- Wendy Sweet (Ph.D) It’s Personal and it’s Professional – exploring baby-boomers’ experiences of ‘working out’ with a Personal Trainer. [Chief Supervisor]
- 2012- Swee Chong Ang (Ph.D )Investigating the potential of the Sport Education curriculum and pedagogy to facilitate social emotional learning of primary aged students in the context of Health and Physical Education in the New Zealand Curriculum [Chief Supervisor]
Children's and youth sport
Sport in education
Student athlete dual careers
Petrie, K. C., Pope, C. C., & Powell, D. (2017). Play.sport Evaluation: Play.sport evaluation.
Ryan, C., Thorpe, H., & Pope, C. (2017). The policy and practice of implementing a student–athlete support network: a case study. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics. doi:10.1080/19406940.2017.1320301
Pope, C., Penney, D., & Smith, T. B. (2017). Overtraining and the complexities of coaches’ decision making: Managing elite athletes on the training cusp.. Reflective Practice. doi:10.1080/14623943.2017.1361923 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11287
Pope, C. C. (2016). Driving nostalgia: Memories, the VW Kombi and the ethnographic self .. In Contemporary Ethnography Across The Disciplines Hui/Conference 2016 Ethnographic Imaginings: Place, Space, and Time. Conference held in Cape Town, South Africa (various locations).
Find more research publications by Clive Pope
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Pope, AProf Clive||7838||cpope||TT.6.14||Te Huataki Waiora - School of Health|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room