Senior Lecturer / Pūkenga Matua
Qualifications: PGDipFA Auckland; MFineArts Auckland
A weaver, a designer, a teacher, a mother, an artist and a closet chef.
MFA – Sculpture: Whitecliffe College of Art & Design-thesis: Weaving the Skin, 2005.
PG Dip FA – Elam School of Art-specialty: Sculpture in Raranga.
- Developing a research platform in the area of creative research as an epistemic - a coalescence of Western action and Indigenous contemplation
- Enquiry practice links praxis and theory - site, issue, response
- On-going visual research in the Māori Fibre Arts and connections to cultural identity
- Teaching in creative practice environments and motivational issues that arise from that context
- Te Pā Harakeke as a model for whānau ora
- Digital and time-based & interactive media in practice and design pedagogy
- Kaupapa Māori research informing design practice and pedagogy
Campbell, D. (2017). Kaupapa Māori: The Art of Reweaving te Rā. In K. Stevenson (Ed.), Trading Traditions The Role of Art in the Pacific's Expansive Exchange Networks (pp. 71-77). Suva, Fiji: USP Press, The University of the South Pacific.
Greensill, H., Manuirirangi, H., Pihama, L., Mahealani Miller, J., Lee-Morgan, J., Campbell, D., & Te Nana, R. (2017). He maimoa i ngā whakatupuranga anamata: Ko te mātauranga taketake o ngā tūpuna me te whakarea tamariki. Te Kōtihitihi Ngā Tuhinga Reo Māori, 4, 91-102.
Campbell, D. L. (2016). Hinenuitepō [Sculptural garment made up of three woven pieces [woven cape/pake harakeke and synthetic dyes]]. C. N. Gorman Museum, University of California, Davis, CA..
Campbell, D. L. (2016). Murirangawhenua [Woven collar/pake kiekie textile in raranga]. C.N. Gorman Museum, University of California, Davis CA.
Find more research publications by Donna Campbell
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Campbell, Ms Donna||9557||dcampbel||A.1.06||Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room