Senior Lecturer / Pūkenga Matua
Qualifications: PGDipFA Auckland; MFineArts Auckland
A weaver, a designer, a teacher, a mother, an artist and a closet chef.
MFA – Sculpture: Whitecliffe College of Art & Design-thesis: Weaving the Skin, 2005.
PG Dip FA – Elam School of Art-specialty: Sculpture in Raranga.
- Developing a research platform in the area of creative research as an epistemic - a coalescence of Western action and Indigenous contemplation
- Enquiry practice links praxis and theory - site, issue, response
- On-going visual research in the Māori Fibre Arts and connections to cultural identity
- Teaching in creative practice environments and motivational issues that arise from that context
- Te Pā Harakeke as a model for whānau ora
- Digital and time-based & interactive media in practice and design pedagogy
- Kaupapa Māori research informing design practice and pedagogy
Campbell, D. (2019). Vessel I. Harakeke [Exhibition: Ka Hakina: Navigating the Present - Waikato Museum] [woven sculptural garment]. Waikato Museum, Hamilton, New Zealand: Waikato Museum te Whare Taonga o Waikato.
Pihama, L., Campbell, D., & Greensill, H. (2019). Whānau storytelling as Indigenous pedagogy: tiakina te pā harakeke. In J. -A. Q. Q. X. Archibald, J. B. J. Lee-Morgan, & J. De Santolo (Eds.), Decolonizing Research. Indigenous Storywork As Methodology (pp. 137-150). Zed Books.
Campbell, D. (2019). Ko te mana o ngā kairaranga whatu. Relaunch, reframe, remember, and revision (Te Rā: The Māori Sail). Retrieved from https://teraa.co.nz/
Campbell, D. (2019). Ngā kura a Hineteiwaiwa: The embodiment of Mana Wahine in Māori fibre arts. (PhD Thesis, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand). Retrieved from https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12583
Find more research publications by Donna Campbell
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Campbell, Dr Donna||9557||dcampbel||ITS.G.10||Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room