Dr Willem P de Lange
Qualifications: MSc DPhil Waikato
- Coppede Cussioli, Mariana (2018). Ecological effects of turbidity variations in and around dredging areas in the Port of Tauranga
- Emami, Amir (2016). Variations to the Groundwater Seepage Face on Meso-tidal Dissipative Beaches
- Vetrova, Varvara (2016). Selected data exploration methods in hydroclimatology.
- Harrison, Shawn (2015). Morphodynamics of Ebb-Tidal Deltas.
- Liu, Zhi (2014). Hydrodynamic and sediment transport numerical modelling and applications at Tairua Estuary, New Zealand.
- Flaim, Bryna (2012). Sediment dispersion at the New Zealand marine disposal ground, Northeast New Zealand.
- Pritchard, Timothy (2012). Determining potential for pollutant impacts in dynamic coastal waters: comparing morphological settings
- Cameron, Stewart (2011). Manipulation of carbon media, temperature and hydraulic efficiency to increase nitrate removal rate in denitrification beds
- Gibbs, Denis (2011). MacKinder meets Buzan: A geopolitical extension to security complex theory with an emphasis on the polar regions.
- Schimel, Alexandre (2011). Quantitative Comparison of Benthic Habitat Maps Derived From Multibeam Echosounder Backscatter Data
- Tay, Hui Woon (2011). Nutrient dynamics in shallow tidally-dominated estuaries
- Dunn, Amber (2010). Coastal storm activity along the Eastern North Island of New Zealand - East Cape to Wellington.
- Cope, Jane (2018). The modification of toheroa habitat by streams on Ripiro Beach.
- Harpur, Alexander (2016). Anthropogenic influences on the sedimentary evolution of the Coromandel Harbour”.
- MacPherson, David (2016). An Integrated Stratigraphy of Tauranga Harbour.
- Mills, Philippa (2016). Failure mechanisms in sensitive volcanic soils in the Tauranga Region, New Zealand.
- Podrumac, Alyosha (2016). Holocene Evolution of the Upper Western Channel within Tauranga Harbour.
- Christophers, Amy (2015). Paleogeomorphic reconstruction of the Omokoroa Domain, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Garae, Camillia (2015). Estimating patterns and rates of coastal cliff retreat around Tauranga Harbour.
- Manderson, Tyler (2017). Causes of diurnal ground movements at Omokoroa.
- Upiap, Joyce (2016). The fate of contaminated sediments in the Ohinemuri & Lower Waihou rivers, New Zealand.
- Park, Justine (2016). Assessment of the potential interactions of an oil spill with sediments on the west coast of New Zealand
- Watson, Holly (2016). Potential impacts of wharf extensions on the hydrodynamics of Stella Passage and upstream regions of Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- Sturgess, Nicole (2015). Mapping the ecological and biophysical character of seabed habitats of the Paraninihi Marine Reserve, Taranaki, New Zealand.
- de Groot, Neeltje (2014). The extent of burial of the Rena oil spill within Bay of Plenty coastal sediments.
- McKenzie, James (2014). Predicted hydrodynamic and sediment transport impacts of breakwater construction in Tauranga Harbour, New Zealand.
- Boulay, Sebastien (2012). Analysis of multibeam sonar data for benthic habitat characterization of the Port of Tauranga, New Zealand.
- Mawer, Joshua (2012). Morphology of the Te Tumu cut under the potential re-diversion of the Kaituna River.
- Robinson, Benjamin (2012). Hydrodynamic impacts of tectonics in prehistoric Ohiwa Harbour, North Island, New Zealand.
- Muller, Joshua (2011). Influence of vegetation cover on coastal aquifer fluctuation and sand transport on Matakana Island.
- Philip, Naiten (2010). Human,climatic and oceanographic influences on the marine environment of Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia.
- Ahmed, Tofeeq (2019). Distribution of mine waste along the Waihou River flood plains.
- Ramli, Andi (2012). The amplification of tsunamis by Mercury Bay, New Zealand.
Coastal oceanography, coastal processes and climatic hazards; tsunami and storm surge prediction and mitigation; wave-induced sediment transport on the continental shelf and within estuaries; dispersal of materials in the coastal zone; numerical modeling.
Seebeck, H., van Dissen, R. J., Litchfield, N. J., Barnes, P. M., Nicol, A., Langridge, R. M., . . . Lee, J. M. (2022). New Zealand Community Fault Model – version 1.0. (GNS Science Report 2021/57). Lower Hutt, New Zealand: GNS Science. doi:10.21420/GA7S-BS61
Van Dissen, R., Seebeck, H., Litchfield, N., Barnes, P., Nicol, A., Langridge, R., . . . Lee, J. (2021). Development of the New Zealand community Fault Model – version 1.0. In NZSEE 2021 Annual Conference, New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering (pp. 9 pages). Conference held in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Kluger, M. O., Jorat, M. E., Moon, V. G., Kreiter, S., De Lange, W. P., Mörz, T., . . . Lowe, D. J. (2020). Rainfall threshold for initiating effective stress decrease and failure in weathered tephra slopes. Landslides, 17, 267-281. doi:10.1007/s10346-019-01289-2 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12994
Cussioli, M. C., Seeger, D., Pratt, D. R., Bryan, K. R., Bischof, K., de Lange, W. P., . . . Pilditch, C. A. (2020). Spectral differences in the underwater light regime caused by sediment types in New Zealand estuaries: implications for seagrass photosynthesis. Geo-Marine Letters, 40(2), 217-225. doi:10.1007/s00367-020-00640-0
Find more research publications by Willem de Lange
Environmental Change; Environmental Impacts; Geology; Oceanography
Natural Hazards; Risk Assessment
Contact DetailsEmail: [email protected]
Phone: +64 7 837 9385