Dr Frances Edwards
Qualifications: BSc (Waik), DipT (Auck), CTEFLA, PGDipSLT(Dist), MA (Massey), MEd, PhD (Waik)
Assessment, teacher development, assessment literacy for teachers, women in educational leadership, self-assessment, achievement for Pacific students, data literacy
Assessment, Teacher education, Secondary education, Assessment literacy, Pacific education, Curriculum, Science education
Edwards, F. (2019). The effect of emotion on the development of teachers' assessment knowledge and practice. In 2019 AERA Annual Meeting: Leveraging Education Research in a post-truth era: Multimodal narratives to democratize evidence. Conference held in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Toronto, Canada.
Cowie, B., Cooper, B., Edwards, F., & Earl Rinehart, K. (2019). Navigating an evolving context: Assessment reform in New Zealand. In 2019 AERA Annual Meeting: Leveraging education research in a post-truth era: Multimodal narratives to democratize evidence. Conference held in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Toronto, Canada.
Edwards, F. (2018). Tracing teachers’ assessment literacy development. In 2018 ATEA & TEFANZ Conference Teacher Education in and for Uncertain Times. Conference held La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Edwards, F. (2018). Assessment is an emotional practice: Beginner teachers’ experiences. In NZARE 2018. Conference held at the AUT South Campus, Auckland, New Zealand.
Find more research publications by Frances Edwards
Assessment and Evaluation in Education; Curriculum; Education; Pacific/Pacifica Education; Science Education; Teacher Education; Teacher Professional Learning/Development; Teaching
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Edwards, Dr Frances||6170||francese||TL.3.13||Te Hononga Curriculum and Pedagogy|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room