Dr Fumiko Nishimura
Convenor, Graduate & International Student Adviser (Japanese)
Qualifications: MA Hiroshima University, PhD Waikato
Nishimura, F. (2019). Taki ni wataru shigoto ni torikumu: Nyujirando de no Nihongo kyoiku (Tackling a variety of tasks: Japanese language education in New Zealand). In Hiroshima University, Graduate School of Education, Department of Teaching of Japanese as a second language (Ed.), Nihongo kyoiku e no izanai [Invitation to Japanese Language Teaching] (pp. 62-69). Tokyo, Japan: Bonjinsha.
Nishimura, F. (2019). Lying in different cultures. In J. Meibauer (Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Lying (pp. 565-577). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/oxfordhb/9780198736578.013.45
Nishimura, F., & Umeda, K. (2016). Benefits and issues: Visitor sessions with pre-intermediate learners of japanese. In M. Ogino, P. Shino, & D. Nesbitt (Eds.), Creating New Synergies: Approaches of Tertiary Japanese Programmes in New Zealand (pp. 142-186). Massey University Press. Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11912
Nishimura, F., & Umeda, K. (2015). Visitor sessions in university’s Japanese class. In The 21st Biennial New Zealand Asian Studies Society (NZASIA) Conference. Conference held at University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Japanese socio-linguistics; cross-cultural communication; Japanese language teaching.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Nishimura, Dr Fumiko||9334||fumiko||I.3.03A||Japanese - INTL Programme|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room