Professor John A Perrone
Qualifications: MSc PhD Cant
John Perrone's expertise is in the field of Vision Science.
1) Modelling aspects of human self motion estimation. Ongoing research project which involves development and computer simulation of putative physiological motion processing in areas MT and MST of primate visual cortex.
2) Testing people's ability to estimate their heading direction and to extract depth information from image motion.
Perrone, J., Cree, M., & Hedayati, M. (2019). Using the properties of Primate Motion Sensitive Neurons to extract camera motion and depth from brief 2-D Monocular Image Sequences. In International Conference on Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns Vol. 11678 (pp. 600-612). Conference held at Salerno, Italy. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-29888-3_49
Perrone, J. (2018). Non-isotropic heading errors while moving along curved paths: Another reason to look where we are going?. In Journal of Vision Vol. 18. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. doi:10.1167/18.10.1064
Garnett, A., & Perrone, J. (2018). Curvilinear motion perception during visually simulated head turns in stereoscopic 3D virtual reality. In Journal of Vision Vol. 18. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. doi:10.1167/18.10.46
Perrone, J. A. (2018). Visual–vestibular estimation of the body's curvilinear motion through the world: A computational model. Journal of Vision, 18(4), 1-32. doi:10.1167/18.4.1
Find more research publications by John Perrone
Visual perception; illusions; visual aspects of driving or flying; human visual navigation; robot vision systems; computer models of the visual system.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Perrone, Prof John||9229||jpnz||K.1.08||School of Psychology|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room