Dr Johanna Schmidt
Senior lecturer; Convener of Sociology & Social Policy
Qualifications: PhD Auckland
- Juliana Brown (with Psychology), 'Ally training programme & network: Creating a space of inclusion and support for takatapui and LGBTIQ+ staff and students at the University of Waikato'.
- Fungai Mhalanga, 'Digging through community gardens: An investigation of the social benefits of community gardens'.
- Kar Tou Tan (with Psychology) 'New Zealand Transgender Health Survey with a mental health focus'.
- Lynley Uerata, 'Flourishing in precarity: Four cases of Maaori households in Hamilton, New Zealand'.
- Juliana Brown (with Psychology), '"We're like the sex CPR dummies": Negotiating (heteros)ex in a university residential setting'. Completed 2016.
Tan, K. K. H., Treharne, G. J., Ellis, S. J., Schmidt, J. M., & Veale, J. F. (2019). Gender minority stress: A critical review. Journal of Homosexuality, 1-19. doi:10.1080/00918369.2019.1591789 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12496
Schmidt, J. (2019). Samoan fa'afafine. In The Global Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) History (pp. 1405-1407). Charles Scribner & Sons.
Reese, E., Keegan, P., McNaughton, S., Kingi, T., Atatoa Carr, P., Schmidt, J., . . . Morton, S. (2018). Te Reo Māori: indigenous language acquisition in the context of New Zealand English. Journal of Child Language, 45(2), 340-367. doi:10.1017/S0305000917000241
Schmidt, J. (2017). The regulation of sex work in Aotearoa/New Zealand: An overview. Women's Studies Journal, 31(2), 35-49. Retrieved from http://wsanz.org.nz/journal/docs/WSJNZ312Schmidt35-49.pdf
Find more research publications by Johanna Schmidt
Gender; Social Policy; Sociology; Women and Gender Studies
Transgender, with a Pacific focus; parenting and family studies; gender and sexuality; qualitative research methods.
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: ext 9365