Ms Juliet Chevalier-Watts
Senior Lecturer, Associate Dean Research (Law)
Qualifications: BA(Hons), LLB(Hons), LLM(Distinction), PGCLT
Juliet Chevalier-Watts joined Te Piringa - Faculty of Law in 2008 from Southampton Solent University in England. During her time at Southampton Solent University Juliet lectured in, inter alia, Equity and Trusts, Tort, Contract, Shipping Law and Dispute Resolution. Juliet continues her lecturing interests at Te Piringa - Faculty of Law and lectures in Equity and Succession, Tort and Dispute Resolution. She publishes nationally and internationally in the fields of Charitable Trusts and International Human Rights.
Juliet is the Editor in Chief of the Waikato Law Review.
- Dimitrov, Dara (in progress). Accountability of Charities.
Juliet welcomes applicants for doctoral and graduate supervision in any subject within the areas of charity law, equity and trusts.
- Charity Law
Current Research Projects
Juliet is currently working on a new charity law book.
Chevalier-Watts, J. (2019). [Interviewed as part of Checkpoint presentation 'New court date for Destiny Church over charity deregistration']. In Radio New Zealand. Retrieved from https://www.rnz.co.nz/
Chevalier-Watts, J. (2019). The relationship between charity and religion. In Afternoons with Jesse Mulligan, Radio New Zealand. Retrieved from https://www.rnz.co.nz/
Chevalier-Watts, J. M. (2017). Chang v Lee. New Zealand Law Journal, 8, 292-293. Retrieved from http://www.lexisnexis.com.ezproxy.waikato.ac.nz/
Chevalier-Watts, J. M. (2017). Deregistration decision: Family first New Zealand. New Zealand Law Journal, 9, 307-309.
Law; Legal Education; Teaching; Teaching and Learning; Tertiary Education
Equity, trusts, charity law.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Chevalier-Watts, Ms Juliet||6507||julietcw||N.4.23||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room