Graduate Student Adviser (Environmental Planning), Lecturer
Qualifications: BA Otago MPP Auck
A full member of the New Zealand Planning Institute, and a Committee member of the Waikato branch.
A member of the Resource Management Law Association.
Kate teaches a range of planning papers relating to urban planning, policy development, planning methods and professional planning practice.
Research interests include urban planning, spatial planning, planning frameworks and policy development. Local government is also an area of interest, as is politics and social housing.Professional planning practice is another key area.
Mackness, K. (2018). [Review of The Routledge handbook of planning for health and well-being: shaping a sustainable and healthy future by Hugh Barton, Susan Thompson, Sarah Burgess and Marcus Grant (eds)]. Urban Policy and Research, 36(2), 268-269. doi:10.1080/08111146.2018.1470958 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12059
Mackness, K. (2017). Peer Review – Waipa Growth Cells C1 and C2/C3 (Commissioned by Waipa District Council).
Mackness, K. (2017). The Resource Legislation Amendment Bill 2015: Implications for planning practitioners. In 2017 Rodney Davies Symposium at the New Zealand Planning Institute. Conference held in Wellington, New Zealand.
Mackness, K. (2017). The Resource Legislation Amendment Act 2017: Implications for planners. In C. L. Miller (Ed.), The Proceedings of the 2017 Rodney Davies Research Symposium (pp. 122-138). Conference held at Wellington, New Zealand.
Find more research publications by Kate Mackness
Urban planning; planning frameworks; district plans; policy development under the Resource Management Act
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Mackness, Ms Kate||9165||katemack||HI.2.02||Environmental Planning|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room