Graduate Student Adviser (Environmental Planning), Lecturer
Qualifications: BA Otago MPP Auck
A full member of the New Zealand Planning Institute, and a Committee member of the Waikato branch.
A member of the Resource Management Law Association.
Kate teaches a range of planning papers relating to urban planning, policy development, planning methods and professional planning practice.
Research interests include urban planning, spatial planning, planning frameworks and policy development. Local government is also an area of interest, as is politics and social housing.Professional planning practice is another key area.
Mackness, C. (2020). Building diverse, inclusive and resilient communities to increase well-being and quality of life. In Building diverse, inclusive communities to increase well-being and quality of life. Auckland, New Zealand: Conferenz. Retrieved from https://www.conferenz.co.nz/
Mackness, C. (2019). Building diverse, inclusive communities to increase well-being and quality of life. In Urban Futures 2020. Auckland, New Zealand: Conferenz. Retrieved from https://www.conferenz.co.nz/
Mackness, C. (2019). Urban development and well-being. In 9th GEN Annual Conference (Government Economics Network). Wellington, New Zealand.
Mackness, C., Dyer, R., Dyer, M., Hinze, A., Farrari, T., Wu, S., . . . Weng, M. (2019). Urban Narrative: Value Based Urban Design. In 2019 Australasia Conference, Regional Studies Association - A Leading and Impactful Community. Urban And Regional Wellbeing, First Nations Economies And Global Value Chains For Regional Sustainability. University of Canterbury, Christchurch, Aotearoa New Zealand.
Find more research publications by Kate Mackness
Urban planning; planning frameworks; district plans; policy development under the Resource Management Act
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Mackness, Ms Kate||9165||katemack||HI.2.02||Environmental Planning|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room