Dr Kirstine Moffat
Associate Professor (English)
Qualifications: BA, MA Waikato, PhD Victoria University of Wellington
Kirstine was born in Scotland and arrived in New Zealand at the age of 7. She was educated at the University of Waikato and Victoria University of Wellington. To date her publications have drawn on her doctoral research, focusing primarily on New Zealand settlement and provincial writing and the way in which this writing helps to broaden understanding of New Zealand social history and culture A developing research area is nineteenth and early twentieth century feminist writing, in particular the motif of music and what it conveys about femininity. She is currently engaged in research examining the cultural significance of the piano in nineteenth century New Zealand. Kirstine is a co-editor of the Journal of New Zealand Literature.
Moffat, K., & Anderson-O'Connor, A. -J. (2018). New Zealand. Journal of Commonwealth Literature, 54(4), 652-664. doi:10.1177/0021989418801205
Dooley, G., Moffat, K., & Wiltshire, J. (2018). Music and class in Jane Austen. Persuasions : the Jane Austen Journal On-Line, 38(3). Retrieved from http://jasna.org/
Moffat, K. (2018). Aotearoa/New Zealand. In C. A. Howells, P. Sharrad, & G. Turcotte (Eds.), The Oxford History of the Novel in English: Volume 12: The Novel in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the South Pacific Since 1950 (pp. 112-127). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/oso/9780199679775.003.0010
Moffat, K. (2017). Jane Austen, music and femininity. In Immortal Austen: An International Conference. Conference held at Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia.
Find more research publications by Kirstine Moffat
New Zealand literature; New Zealand cultural history; 19th and 20th century feminist writing.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Moffat, AProf Kirstine||9191||kirstine||I.3.24||English Programme|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room