Dr Michael Dizon
Qualifications: BA Ateneo LLB UP LLM (Dist) Edinburgh PhD Tilburg
Michael Anthony C. Dizon has conducted research at universities and academic institutes in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the Philippines, including the Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology, and Society (TILT), the SCRIPT Centre for Studies in Intellectual Property and Technology Law at the University of Edinburgh, and the UP Law Internet and Society Program (UP Law-ISP). He has also been engaged in legal practice having been an associate attorney at a Philippine law firm, a corporate lawyer for a privately held investment company, and a professional support lawyer with a global law firm.
Michael's research mainly involves the socio-legal study of technology, creativity and innovation. His current research interests include: the norms and values of innovators (e.g., hackers) and their technologies; normative pluralism and the information society; and participatory democracy and technology.
Dizon, M. (2018). Encryption and the manifold meanings of security. In The Waikato Dialogue: The Implications of Emerging Disruptive Technologies for International Security and New Zealand. Symposium held Hamilton, New Zealand.
Dizon, M. A. C. (2017). A socio-legal study of hacking: breaking and remaking law and technology. Oxford: Routledge.
Dizon, M. A. C., & Disini, J. J. (2017). E-discovery in the Philippines. In B. Tan, M. Lew, & B. Ang (Eds.), A Practical Guide to E-Discovery in Asia. Singapore: LexisNexis.
Dizon, M. A. C. (2016). SCLS III Philippines Paper. In Colloquium on Contract Terms in the Contract Law of Asia. National Taiwan University, College of Law, Taiwan.
Find more research publications by Michael Dizon
Computing; Law; Technology
Information and communications technology law; socio-legal studies; law and innovation; legal research
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Dizon, Mr Michael||8590||mdizon||N.5.25||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room