Qualifications: B.A. (Otago), MA (Applied) (Waikato)
I am the Resource Coordinator the Centre for Tertiary Teaching and Learning (CeTTL) – Te Puna Ako. The purpose of my position is to assist students at all levels of English at the University of Waikato: with English language resources including online learning material, as well as carry out 1:1 and group sessions.
As part of a Language Advisory Service at the English Language Resource Centre (Waikato Pathways College), I used to carry out 1:1 grammar sessions to help students with their writing, as well as to facilitate conversation groups to improve, speaking, listening, pronunciation and presentation skills.
I have recently completed a Master's in Applied Linguistics at the University of Waikato and have a B. A. from the University of Otago. I am also a registered LIANZA member. For the past twenty-five years, I have worked at two universities in supervisory management roles in relation to student computing services and libraries. I actively encourage learner autonomy, by creating and linking Open Educational Resources (OERs) for eLearning and mLearning for English language students.
Publications and projects:
Pathways College Pronunciation Exercises -
Ediriweera, M., Howell, E., & White, C. (2013). 'Say again?': In-house, online, self-access pronunciation activities for ESOL students. In M. Hobbs. & K. Doffs (Eds.), ILAC Selections; 5th Independent Learning Association Conference 2012 (pp. 84-86). Christchurch, New Zealand: Independent Learning Association.
Work in Progress- SiSAL Journal, Volume 5, Number 2, June 2014
§ “Say Again?” An In-house, Online, Self-access Pronunciation Project for ESOL Students by Menaka Ediriweera, Liz Howell, and Caroline White (143-152) [full text] [PDF]
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Ediriweera, Mrs Menaka||5693||menaka||M.1.04||Centre for Tertiary Teaching & Learning|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room