Ms Gay Morgan
Senior Lecturer (Law)
Qualifications: BA Colorado LLM Yale JD (summa ) San Diego
Gay Morgan graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Physics from the University of Colorado, and later graduated Summa Cum Laude with JD from the University of San Diego. She also graduated with Masters in Law from Yale University. Ms Morgan has been admitted to the California and Eighth Circuit bars.
Gay is a founding member of the New Zealand Human Rights Foundation, a member of the Australia & New Zealand Law and History Society and a member of several international public law forums. She spent 11 years in Africa working on public infrastructure and community self-development projects, and three years working for the United States Court of Appeal, Eighth Circuit. These experiences are central to her research interests in public law and in jurisprudence. She is an editor of the New Zealand Yearbook of Jurisprudence.
- Public Law
- Legal Systems
- Self Government
- Animal Rights
Current Research Projects
- NZTA legislation model
- Democratic process in constitutionalism
- Moral considerateness of pest animals
- Communal responsibility
Morgan, G. (2019). Is Plato's Noble Lie Essential for Democracy. In ASLP 2019. University of Sydney, Australia.
Morgan, G. (2019). Post Truth’ concerns – a bit of Legal Hypocrisy? Is ‘Post Truth’ as an inevitable response to Law’s own ‘Noble (or Ignoble) Lie’?. In Australasian Law Academics Association Annual Conference 2019: 'Real' Laws in the Post-Truth World. Southern Cross University, NSW, Australia.
Morgan, G. (2018). Earth v Humanity: Biodiversity by Whom and for Whom?. In Second Annual Animal Welfare & International Law Seminar presented by RALHUS & Lincoln Law School UK. Lincoln University, Lincoln, UK.
Morgan, G. D. (2017). Food citizenship and animal welfare: context and conflicting values. In Sustainable & Resilient Food Systems Project Symposium. Victoria University Faculty of Law, Wellington.
Find more research publications by Gay Morgan
Law; Legal Education; Teaching
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Morgan, Ms Gay||6600||morgan||N.5.23||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room