Qualifications: BA (Uni of SPac), M.App. Ling (Uni.of SQueensland)
Noa’ia ‘e mauri (that’s ‘Hello’ in my mother tongue Rotuman). I am a Senior Tutor at CeTTL. I taught academic language skills at the University of the South Pacific (Suva, Fiji) for a number of years before I moved to New Zealand in 2007. Before joining the UoW, I worked at educational institutions such as WINTEC (Learning Works) and the Waikato Regional Council in course development and training coordination roles.
I am interested in inter-disciplinary studies. I enjoy making connections and joining dots between strange and reluctant things and then applying these connections to teaching and learning. For example, can we teach critical thinking (life/academic skill) through poetry (Literature)? Can we demonstrate paragraph cohesion (language/academic skill) using molecular models (Science). If so, how?
Outside of these office walls, I write poetry and parent a 10-year old.
Inter-disciplinary studies, Language Education, Creative writing, Poetry, Rotuman language maintenance
Arts and Language Education
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Taito, Ms Mere||9187||mtaito||W.G.38||Centre for Tertiary Teaching & Learning|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room