Lecturer, Diploma Manager (Law)
Qualifications: LLB, LLM, PG Cert TT Waikato
Iwi: Ngati Manawa, Ngai Te Rangi, Te Arawa, Tuhoe
Marie graduated with a LLB, LLM, Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and has been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand. She holds the Legal Executive Certificate and has practiced in the areas of conveyancing, commercial law and estates law.
Were, M. K. (2005). Tikanga Māori (Māori Law) and the NZ Judicial Approach to Interpretation. In Australasian Law Teachers Association Conference 2005. Conference held at Hamilton, New Zealand.
Spiller, P. R., Paterson, H. R., & Were, M. K. (2004). The value of doing the Waikato Post Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching Seminar. In School of Law Seminar. Conference held at University of Waikato, Hamilton.
Find more research publications by Marie Were
Law; Legal Education; Teaching Online
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Were, Marie||6495||mwere||N.5.10||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room