Dr Nepia Mahuika
Graduate Student Adviser (History), Senior Lecturer
Qualifications: BTchg/BA (Hons), MA Waikato
Mahuika, N. (2019). A brief history of Whakapapa: Māori approaches to genealogy. Genealogy, 3(2), 32. doi:10.3390/genealogy3020032
Mahuika, N. (2017). FORTHCOMING - “Kaupapa Māori History: A contemplation on the place of ‘Kaupapa’ in Māori history”. Te Pouhere Kōrero, Māori People, Māori History.
Mahuika, N. (2017). The power of the past: Why study indigenous histories?. In K. Vaidya (Ed.), History for the Curious: Why Study History? (The Stuck Student's Guide to Picking the Best College and University Major). Curious Academic Publishing.
Mahuika, N. (2017). An outsiders guide to public oral history in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Public History, 5(1), 3-18. Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/12795
Find more research publications by Nepia Mahuika
Māori and iwi history; oral history; historical theory and methodology; New Zealand history; identity construction.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Mahuika, Dr Nepia||9349||nmahuika||J.3.24||History Programme|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room