Emeritus Professor Roy Daniel
Emeritus Professor (Biological Sciences)
Qualifications: BSc [Hons] PhD Leic FRSNZ FNZIC
- Clement, David (2009). The effect of dynamics on enzyme activity.
- Lopez, Murielle (2008). The effect of hydration on enzyme activity.
- Lee, Charles (2007). Environmental effects on enzyme true temperature optima.
- Peterson, Michelle (2006). Temperature effects on enzymes.
- Oudshoorn, Matthew (2008). Tests of predictions made by the equilibrium model for the effect of temperature on enzyme activity.
Current research is centered on the biochemistry, microbiology, and biotechnological applications of extremely thermophilic bacteria. Within these areas, major current topics are:
1) The inter-relationship of enzyme activity, stability, and dynamics;
2) The effect of temperature on enzymes;
3) Properties and applications of stable enzymes, especially proteases.
Daniel, R. M., & Danson, M. J. (2013). Temperature and the catalytic activity of enzymes: A fresh understanding. FEBS Letters, 587(17), 2738-2743. doi:10.1016/j.febslet.2013.06.027 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/7764
Lee, C. K., Monk, C. R., & Daniel, R. M. (2013). Determination of enzyme thermal parameters for rational enzyme engineering and environmental/evolutionary studies. In J. A. Gerrard (Ed.), Protein nanotechnology: Protocols, instrumentation, and applications. Second Edition (pp. 219-230). New York: Springer. doi:10.1007/978-1-62703-354-1_13 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/7424
Hobbs, J. K., Shepherd, C., Saul, D. J., Demetras, N. J., Haaning, S., Monk, C. R., . . . Arcus, V. L. (2011). On the origin and evolution of thermophily: Reconstruction of functional Precambrian Enzymes from ancestors of Bacillus. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 29(2), 825-835. doi:10.1093/molbev/msr253 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/7336
Hobbs, J. K., Shepherd, C., Saul, D. J., Demetras, N. J., Haaning, S., Monk, C. R., . . . Arcus, V. L. (2011). Recreating the past: Reconstruction of a one-billion-year-old-enzyme. Poster session presented at the meeting of Queenstown Molecular Biology. Conference held at Queenstown, New Zealand.
Find more research publications by Roy Daniel