Associate Professor Tracy Bowell
Pro Vice-Chancellor Teaching and Learning
Qualifications: BA(Hons) Sus, MPhil Camb, PhD Auck
Tracy's research interests include critical reasoning and argumentation, epistemology, Wittgenstein, feminist philosophy, philosophy of education
Zegwaard, K. E., Badger, N., Parmenter, L., Clavert, S., & Bowell, T. (2019). Structuring work-integrated learning into the university curriculum. In Global Internship Conference: Intergrating employability outcomes through global internships. Conference held in Auckland, New Zealand.
Bowell, T., & Kingsbury, J. (2019). Encouraging critical thinking about students' own beliefs. In J. A. Blair (Ed.), Studies in Critical Thinking (Vol. 8, pp. 65-67). Canada: University of Windsor.
Parmenter, L., Bowell, T., Calvert, S., Longhurst, R., & Tiakiwai, S. -J. (2019). Intercultural dialogue in an Aotearoa New Zealand university: Strategy and curriculum. In U. Lundgren, P. Castro, & J. Woodin (Eds.), Educational Approaches to Internationalization Through Intercultural Dialogue Reflections on Theory and Practice (pp. 86-97). Oxford & New York: Routledge.
Bowell, T., Cowan, R., & Kemp, G. (2019). Critical Thinking A Concise Guide (5th ed.). London, England: Routledge.
Find more research publications by Tracy Bowell
Gender; Metaphysics; Morals and Ethics; Pedagogy; Philosophy; Teaching and Learning
Critical thinking pedagogy
Argumentation (especially virtue and argumentation)
Wittgenstein (especially the later work)
Philosophy and gender (especially epistemology)
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Bowell, AProf Tracy||9351||taboo||B.G.09||Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room