Assoc. Prof. Te Kahautu Maxwell
Associate Professor / Manukura
Qualifications: BA Waikato, BMPA Awanuiarangi, MA Waikato
Iwi: Te Whakatohea, Ngāti Awa, Ngāi Tai, Te Whānau-a-Apanui, Ngātii Porou, Ngāti Maniapoto, Tuhoe
About Te Kahautu
Te tangata nāna i noho Whakarua
Kārangaranga te muri
Ka tutū ngā tamatea o te moana
E ko au! Ko au! Ko au tēnei!
- Ngarimu VC & 28th (Māori) Battalion Memorial Doctoral Scholarship
- 2010 Inaugural award for Sustained Excellence in Teaching in a Kaupapa Māori Context, AKO AOTEAROA National Centre for Tertiary Teaching Excellence
- 2013 APRA Silver Scroll Maioha Award – recognising excellence in contemporary Māori music and to acknowledge waiata (song) in, or strongly featuring Te Reo Māori
- 1997- Te Matatini Society Incorporated
- 2000- Mataatua Kapa Haka Incorporated
- 2004- Maraetai 11 Incorporation
- 2008- 2015 Te Waka Toi the Māori arts board of Creative New Zealand Arts Council
- 2011- Te Paepae Motuhake Independent Panel of the Ministerial Review of the Māori Language Strategy and Sector
- 2011- The Whakatōhea Māori Trust Board
- 2009- Te Matatini Executive Board
- 2013- Chairman Ringatu Wainui Incorporration
- 2012 Te Kotahi Research Institute
- 2014- Tekaumarua The Council of King Tuheitia
Māori Religion; Te Haahi Ringatū; Karakia (Māori Prayers), Ngā Mōteatea (Ancient Māori Song); Building Cultural Capital, Tangihanga, Death and Dying), Te Reo Māori, Kapa Haka (Traditional Māori Performing Arts), Composition, Toi Māori (Māori Art), Māori Literature, Māori Prophets, Māori Prophecy
Maxwell, T. (2017). Hāwatewate. Te Kōtihitihi: Ngā Tuhinga Reo Māori, 4, 121-124.
Maxwell, T. (2017). Te Tarata. Te Kōtihitihi: Ngā Tuhinga Reo Māori, 4, 118-120.
Takerei, M., & Maxwell, T. K. K. (2017). Kiingitanga: The untold story. In World Indigenous Peoples Conference on Education (WIPCE): A Celebration of Resilience. Conference held at Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Roskruge, M., Morrison, S. L., & Maxwell, T. (2017). Measuring the value of the contribution of Māori language and culture to the New Zealand economy. Wellington, New Zealand: Te Taura Whiri i Te Reo Māori: Māori Language Commission. Retrieved from http://www.tetaurawhiri.govt.nz/
Maori; Maori Arts; Maori Culture/Tikanga; Maori Development; Maori Governance; Maori History; Maori Identity; Maori Land and Community; Maori Language
Contact DetailsRoom: A1.10
Phone: 07 858 9561