Iwi: Ngā Puhi, Te Rarawa
Kia ora, I am Vicky Young (Ngā Puhi, Te Rarawa), and I’m currently a Senior Tutor in Student Learning. I have been teaching at Waikato University, including WMS, since 1988. I am a Waikato graduate, and have a BA (Japanese), a PGDip SLT, and an MA (Applied Linguistics, Japanese and Education). I also completed a one-year Certificate in Entrepreneurial Women in Business (one of the top 20 women entrepreneurs selected for this programme in NZ.) I am passionate about working with all students, both international and domestic, and am committed to enhancing Māori student success. Outside of university, I am a successful multilingual indigenous entrepreneur with more than 20 years’ experience, and I own businesses in the tourism, education and other industries.
Richards, V., Jurgensen, K., & Young, V. (1999). How can we do what we do better: towards a model of collegial 'supervision' for pracititioners of learning development. In M. S. Brown (Ed.), Learning Support and Development Conference (volume 4), Tertiary Learning Centres in Aotearoa/New Zealand (TLCANZ) Conference Proceedings Vol. Getting Together (pp. 31-39). Conference held at Nelson.
Find more research publications by Vicky Young
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Young, Ms Vicky||4735||vyoung||M.1.04||Centre for Tertiary Teaching & Learning|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room