Māori Liaison Coordinator
Qualifications: BA Waikato
Iwi: Ngāti Koata, Ngāti Toa, Ngāti Maniapoto, Ngāti Pou, Ngāi Tahu
He tina ki runga, he tāmore ki raro
Tainui te waka
Maungatapu te maunga
Aorere te moana
Maitahi te awa
Whakatū te marae
Ngati Koata raua me Ngati Toa ngā iwi
My role as Takawaenga Māori / Māori Student Services Coordinator at FASS means I am here for to help all tauira Māori (Māori students) academically within the Faculty. I welcome tauira to come to me with any issues that may arise while studying here at University. These may be issues of an academic nature; help with University procedures; or even assistance with personal issues impacting on study.
A key aspect of my role is the co-ordination of Te Aka Matua, the Māori Mentoring Unit. We have several student mentors onboard who are available to support tauira during their time here. Mentors are older students that have been where you are now and provide support for our tēina students. We also run various hui whakawhanaungatanga and wānanga throughout the year, to ensure tauira are aware of the support networks the University has to offer.
Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or issues, and enjoy your time here with FASS.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Hippolite, Ms Whitney||4043||whitneyh||J.G.01||ALPSS Division Office|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension  e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room