Student Barometer Survey
Every two years, the University of Waikato runs an all-student survey in conjunction with i-graduate to get an understanding of students' experiences with enrolment, academic and learning support services, their living situations and their experience with the University support services. The responses to the Student Barometer Survey are benchmarked across the global student population to track and compare the decision-making, expectations, perceptions and intentions of students from application to graduation.
If you are a current student enrolled with the University of Waikato, this is your chance to share what you think about your experience with us so far including what you have enjoyed and where you think we need to improve.
The survey link will be sent directly to your inbox and will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. All students who respond to the survey will be in the draw for a spot prize and will also be eligible for the major prize draw of a laptop sponsored by PB Tech.
What you could win
Students who complete the survey and provide their details in the prize-draw question at the end will be eligible to win one of the many spot prizes given away throughout the survey period.
At the close of the survey period, all eligible students will be entered into the major prize draw of a laptop sponsored by PB Tech.
- Major prize
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Go valued at $1200 - Sponsored by PB Tech
- Spot prizes
- 6 x Beats/Bose wireless headphones valued at $200 each
- 6 x University of Waikato Hoodies valued at $50 each
- 50 x Kahurangi cafe vouchers* valued at $10 each
See FAQ's below for prize T&Cs
Frequently Asked Questions
Open this section to read more
What is the Student Barometer Survey?
The Student Barometer is an internationally benchmarked survey assessing all aspects of the student experience including topics such as decision-making, application processes, arrival and orientation, support services, living experience and academic experience. Responses to the survey enable the University of Waikato to enhance the student experience through developing work plans and strategies that consider the feedback provided by the student population.
Who is eligible to answer the survey?
The Student Barometer Survey will be sent to all currently enrolled students at the University of Waikato as at the 4th of May 2021. Both domestic and international students and students studying on-campus, off-campus and through flexible delivery will be eligible to answer the survey.
Students enrolled at Zhejiang University City College (ZUCC) and Shanghai International Studies University (SISU), as well as a handful of specific qualifications, are excluded from receiving a survey link on the basis that many of the questions will not be relevant to their circumstances.
What will the University do with my answers?
Responses to the Student Barometer Survey will be used to benchmark the University of Waikato against national and international institutions. The data collected will enable the University of Waikato to understand the current student experience and make improvements to the areas identified as needing change. The student voice collected through responses to this survey will be considered when work plans and strategies are developed and decisions to enhance the student experience can be made in an informed manner.
How do I win a prize?
Throughout the survey period, the University of Waikato will conduct weekly prize draws to give away the spot prizes of Beats/Bose Headphones, University branded hoodies and Kahurangi Cafe vouchers*. Students who complete the survey within each 7-day period will be in the corresponding weekly prize draw. Winners of the weekly draws will be notified by email and will have their names published on this webpage on the day of the draw.
At the closing of the survey period, the major prize draw of a laptop valued at $1200 will be drawn. All students who responded throughout the survey period will be eligible to win the major prize, including those who have previously won a spot prize.
Weekly prize draws
- 11th May 2021 - 2 winners (headphones), 2 winners (hoodies), 25 winners (Kahurangi Cafe vouchers*)
- 18th May 2021 - 2 winners (headphones), 2 winners (hoodies), 25 winners (Kahurangi Cafe vouchers*)
- 25th May 2021 - 2 winners (headphones), 2 winners (hoodies)
Major prize draw
- 25th May 2021 - 1 winner (laptop)
*Only participants from the Hamilton Campus will be eligible to win the Kahurangi Cafe vouchers.
Other important information
- To access the Student Barometer Survey, eligible students will be sent an email from [email protected] with their unique survey link
- Participants may only complete the survey once
- Reminder emails will be sent weekly to students who have not completed the survey
- All responses are completely confidential; all individual identifiers will be removed before any results are released
- To enter the prize draw, students must fill out their contact details in the "Prize Draw" section at the end of the survey
- The prizes are pre-determined each week and winners will be picked at random. Prizes cannot be exchanged for alternatives
- Winners of the weekly prizes will be contacted via email, will have their name published on this webpage. In addition, winners of the Beats/Bose headphones will have their name published on the University of Waikato social media channels
- The major prize winner will be contacted via email, will have their name published on this webpage and will have their published on the University of Waikato social media channels
- Winners of prizes will need to sign for them before receiving them. Winners not easily able to access Hamilton or Tauranga campuses will be sent their prize via courier (signature required)
- Only students enrolled at the Hamilton campus will be eligible to win one the of Kahurangi Cafe vouchers
- Unclaimed prizes will be re-drawn one week after the initial prize draw