Claudelands Graduation Info
Claudelands Events Centre, Corner of Brooklyn Road and Heaphy Terrace, Claudelands, Hamilton
Public parking is through gates 2 and 3 only. A fee of $5.00 applies
Please arrive in your regalia 60 minutes before your ceremony is due to start. It is important that you arrive early, otherwise you will miss the registration process for your ceremony
- Leave any personal belongings with your guests. You need to have your hands free when you go up on to the stage and may not be seated in the same seat after presentation of your qualification
- Go to the marshalling area (your guests should move into the arena to be seated)
- Look for your name on the marshalling boards – names are listed alphabetically under the qualification you are receiving
- Take note of your registration number (a letter and number combination) and line up in order of that number – marshals are there to assist you
- Five minutes before your ceremony you will be led to the arena; please stay in your lines
- Once the processional music begins, a marshal will lead you into the arena
- Marshals will guide you to your seating row
- Remain standing until all members of the procession have reached their seats
- If you have any cultural requirements that may impact ceremony proceedings or if any of your guests require assistance, please let us know by emailing [email protected] prior to the event.
- After the ceremony, you will assemble in the Heaphy Rooms where you will be met by your family and guests
You are entitled to two complimentary tickets for your graduation ceremony, and you can purchase additional tickets if you have more than two guests attending. Seating is not allocated, and there are plenty of tickets available for each ceremony.
Tickets will be available closer to the graduation ceremony.
When ordering your tickets from Ticketek you will need to select the ceremony you are attending and enter your student ID number as the password to get your complimentary tickets. The complimentary tickets are called GRADUAND tickets (you can select up to two) and these are $0. You can then continue, if desired, to order GUEST tickets for the same event before checkout. Remember, you do not need a ticket for yourself.
If your guests are ordering their own tickets in a separate transaction they can go through to checkout in the normal manner without having to enter a password. They will not see the option to 'purchase' complimentary GRADUAND tickets.
All graduating students and their guests are invited to join University staff after each ceremony for complimentary light refreshments. Graduands are advised to make city dining arrangements early to secure a booking. Please note that food and drink will not be available for purchase from Claudelands before or during the graduation ceremony
Information for guests
- Doors open 45 minutes before each graduation ceremony.
- Please ensure you are seated 10 minutes prior to ceremony commencement and remain seated outside of announced breaks.
- If you are late to the ceremony, a lock-out will apply for the first 20 minutes of each graduation ceremony. Talk to a staff member who will direct you to your seat once the ceremony opening formalities have finished.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the auditorium, and mobile phones must be switched off during the formal graduation ceremony.
- After the ceremony, you can meet your graduate in the Heaphy Rooms.
Graduands or guests with a disability
If you or any of your guests have a disability and require special assistance on the day please contact the Student Centre on 0800 WAIKATO or [email protected] so that special access and seating can be arranged.