References & Tools
In addition to these web guides and the squiz matrix manuals, there are a number of other recommended references and a number of tools or supporting systems available.
- Squiz Matrix (CMS) - Online Manuals
- University of Waikato ICT Policies and ICT Strategy
- MDN Web Documentation - Resources for developers, by developers
- W3C Standards information from the W3C - World Wide Web Consortium
- Can I Use - a site showing support for HTML / CSS support across browsers and browser versions
- Bootstrap 3.3
- Go Words - University short link solution - waikato.ac.nz/go/gowords
- W3C HTML Markup Validation checker
- HTMLTidy.net - a web interface to HTML Tidy
- HTML_CodeSniffer - a browser bookmarklet providing WCAG accessibility checks (from SquizLabs).
- WebAIM Contrast Checker to check the colour contrast of colours.
- WebPageTest - provides various breakdowns on page speed and performance
- The University of Waikato on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine
Log Reports & Analytics
- Google Analytics - reports can be generated via email, or access discussed and provided as appropriate
- Nagios - University system monitoring tool
- Other log analysis may be possible. Make a request via kuhukuhu and we can look into what might be possible.
Not so serious references
The references below, while not being entirely serious, serve to illustrate and challenge some simple questions often posed.