Computer Donation Programme Information
How does the programme work?
The Computer Donation Programme provides retired University of Waikato computers to educational organisations in the greater Waikato region.
Organisations can apply for these computers by completing the online application form. Allocation is limited to schools and educational organisations within the Waikato, King Country and Thames Valley.
The University of Waikato’s computer donation committee meets quarterly to discuss applications and determine allocations based on the current supply and demand situation.
What are the computers like?
The computers are at least four years old, either Dell or Compaq; P4 1.6GHZ or more, 256 MB ram, 20 GB hard drive and 17 inch monitor, keyboard and mouse. No software is loaded; the computers are supplied stripped of any software.
What information must I provide?
Please supply as much information as possible. The more information you supply, the better equipped the committee will be to meet your needs.
Include the following in your Letter of Application in the donation form:
- How your school or organisation intends to use the computers
- How many computers you would need to achieve these goals
- The minimum hardware specifications you need. (If unsure, tell the committee what functions you would like the computers to perform and the platform needed, ie Windows or Apple.)
- What resources you currently have. (This helps the committee to match available stock with your needs)
- Whether your school or organisation has any previous or current associations with the University of Waikato.
To apply for computers, complete the online Computer Donation Application Form.